CHAPTER 2: HOW TO PAINT THE SKY - MINI WORKSHOP with Caroline Healey
Would you love to paint a beautiful seascape, but would like some tips on how to start? Did you love art as a youngster and want to enjoy the mindfulness of painting again? Do you have a set of acrylic paints at home just waiting to be used?
This mini workshop on how to paint a summer sky is the perfect relaxing and enjoyable treat for you!
It's broken out of the full length How To Paint A Seascape Workshop. You can find out more about that here: Seascape Workshop Link.
Here's a 1 min trailer about all the workshops which gives you a flavour of them.
Scroll down below it for details on How To Paint The Sky Mini Workshop.
- Follow along as I paint, going at your own pace - you can stop and start the video and rewatch it as many times as you like.
- The screen is split to show canvas and palette at all times - you can see exactly how to mix colours and apply paint.
- I literally talk the entire video explaining exactly what I'm doing and why.
- All materials explained
- Learn palette knife and brush techniques for sky and clouds
- Learn colour mixing and which colours you may like to try for clouds
- 20 mins long
- Free downloadable reference photo of the seascape. This photo is also shown on the screen throughout the video.
- Extensive complimentary equipment list for the whole seascape from paints to varnish
- Access to the members only Facebook group - the ideal safe and encouraging forum to share your work and ask questions
- Try your sky on paper first and then canvas later!
I hope this video will encourage you to purchase the next chapters: How To Paint The Sea and How To Paint Coastal Vegetation. There is also one more: How To Wire And Varnish Your Painting.
Altogether they will help you create a beautiful piece of art and a peaceful state of mind. Enjoy!