Caroline Healey is an award-winning artist from the UK who in 2014, after two years of worldwide travels, found home in Warrnambool, Australia. Heavily influenced by her immediate surroundings, Caroline’s work illustrates the brilliant colours of the coastline and dramatic skies of this wild part of the country.
For three years (2015-2018) Caroline was a full time Teacher Assistant at Warrnambool Special Developmental School and painted in her spare time. In January 2018 she had her first son and an incredible amount of energy went into him and painting went onto the back burner for a few months.
In January 2020 Caroline had a sell out solo exhibition at The F Project.
- First prize for two consecutive years in the ‘Inspired by Burns’ Art Prize (2015 and 2016).
- Best Local Scene at The City of Warrnambool Art Show (2016).
- South West Regional Cancer Centre purchased an 18 foot long painting of The Twelve Apostles for the new hospital. This now hangs in the main reception (2016).
- South West Healthcare Prevention and Recovery Centre (P.A.R.C.) acquired a painting when the 10 bed facility was built (2017).
- 'COASTAL HORIZONS' - Solo exhibition at The F Project (formally known as The Artery), Warrnambool (Jan 2020)
- 'BETWEEN US AND THE HORIZON' - Solo exhibition at The Artery, Warrnambool (Nov 2016)
- Various group shows at The Artery, Factory Arts and Warrnambool Art Gallery with paintings and linocuts (2015-2017)
- Prints hung for sale in the following cafes and restaurants: The Farmer's Wife Café (Port Fairy), Piccolo Coffee Roasters, Simon's, and Brightbird (Warrnambool), The Little Acorn (Terang), Forage on the Foreshore (Port Campbell).
Caroline was Designer of the Month at Warrnambool Art Gallery during February 2019.